The principle of adopting natural health remedies for high blood pressure are based upon our balanced daily diet, life style management and careful consumption of certain supplements. High Blood Pressure is caused by stress and a faulty life style. Smoking, excessive intake of common salt, high fat and low fibre diet, intoxicants, alcohol, tea, coffee, and refined foods is also one of the causes.
1. One of the most effective natural health remedies for high blood pressure is garlic. You can take 1-2 fresh garlic cloves in various forms such as soup, salad, pickles and the like. Garlic is also available in the form of capsules. An average dose of two to three capsules a day for 12 weeks will make a sizable dent in high levels of blood pressure. Garlic is regarded as an effective remedy for lowering blood pressure. Eat a few cloves of garlic. Garlic pills or powder make the blood thinner, so you need to be careful when you are taking any prescription drugs. It should not be combined with prescription blood-thinners such as Trental (pentoxifylline), Coumadin (warfarin) or with natural blood-thinners such as Ginkgo or Vitamin E. And do not take Garlic in the weeks before and after any type of surgery.
2. A diet rich in magnesium (found in nuts, kale, leafy greens, legumes and whole cereal grains), folic acid and potassium will work effectively in reducing high blood pressure. Some vitamins also play a crucial role as natural health remedies for high blood pressure, such as vitamins B, C, D, and E (which helps vitamin C to lower blood pressure level), You can get these vitamins by consuming citrus (lemons, oranges and grapefruit), Indian gooseberry, European blueberry and watermelon or by supplementation.
4. Serrapeptase is a natural proteolytic enzyme isolated from the micro-organism that is processed through fermentation of plant grown enzymes so vegetarians can also consume it. This enzyme is immunologically active for clearing the blood vessels and has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. It is truly a natural health remedy for high blood pressure.
5. Indian gooseberry (amla) is also an effective remedy for high blood pressure. Take a tablespoon each of gooseberry juice and honey, mix together and drink it every morning.
6. Overweight and stress, both play a very important role in increasing the level of blood pressure. By reducing both, you can surprisingly lower your blood pressure level safely and naturally. Yoga and meditation can do wonders to reduce weight, stress and normalize blood pressure and are great natural health remedies.
7. Potatoes are also very good for lowering blood pressure. Eat baked potatoes. Parsley is also very useful for high blood pressure. Make a drink by simmering 20 gm of fresh parsley leaves in 250 ml of water for a few minutes. Drink it several times a day.